With the help of a very nice woman in the casting concrete class, I raised my tiles off the floor into a vertical position this evening. It was SCARY! Next time I’m laying them all out on a piece of plywood or sheetrock that can just be tilted into position and then removed after the hanging wires are in place. I did it the stupid way, by lifting it from the support rods on the back one section at a time, about 6″-1′ at a time, then readusting the line connecting it to the steel cables above. It was slow and there were lots of bad noises, but it worked, so I’m really happy. I’m pleased with how they look in the space. I was originally going to pull the tip of the triangle back toward the far wall so that the entire piece is at a slant, but I decided to wait to do that for a few days and think about it “as is” for right now. Here are some pictures – I’d love to hear what you think about it. The tentative title is, “This far you may come…”
Off to bed! Good night!