I’m more than a little behind on my blog, but a few weeks ago art does matter kindly nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog Award.” Thank you, Patricia, and I apologize for taking so long to get back to you on this! Patricia is a metalsmith and jeweler living in Philadelphia. One of her recent posts was about the annual Kalodner Graduate Student Exhibition at the Clay Studio in Philadelphia. It was fun to read the paragraph she wrote on a piece made by my former classmate, Erik Wilhelmsen.
The rules of accepting this award are pretty simple to follow. First, you must thank the person who nominated you; secondly, tell seven random things about yourself; then nominate up to fifteen other bloggers for this award, and let them know you’ve nominated them.
Okay, here are my seven things:
1. When I was 6, my dream was to become Cinderella.
2. My friend Lauren says I eat like a kindergartner. She’s right; I eat a lot of pb & j, mac & cheese, carrot sticks, string cheese, and I drink copious amounts of whole milk.
3. I have also been known to drink glasses of half and half as well as heavy cream.
4. My parents used to give me candy to keep me quiet on long car trips… now, although I still love sugar, I’m in the process of giving it up (any and all refined sugar).
5. The first alcoholic beverage I drank was when I was 23, and it was a blue raspberry martini.
6. I think if my undergraduate program had had a small metals department I would have ended up a jeweler rather than a ceramist.
7. I’m more excited than you can imagine to be living west of the Mississippi River again!
I must be hungry or something – most of those were food-related. 🙂
Here are the blogs I’d like to nominate for this award….
Still Stubborn: http://stillstubborn.wordpress.com/ A blog about two newlyweds who are currently living abroad in Sweden.
The Life and Times of Lauren deSerres-Kelischek http://laurendeserreskelischek.blogspot.com/ Adventures and projects in the life of a North Carolina-based artist.
Found.Text http://foundtext.wordpress.com/ Looking for words in unexpected places.
Camelhairandhoney: http://camelhairandhoney.wordpress.com/ Fiber and food – a tactile exploration of the clothes we wear and the food we eat.
As EYE See: http://ezmiralda.wordpress.com/ Beautiful photography, musings on life.
Bolt Ceramics: http://boltceramics.wordpress.com/ Elegant, narrative ceramic vessels.